Thursday, April 1, 2010

We're Praying For A Different Outcome

Carter Miles Babinsky born March 29, 2010 at 24 weeks. I received the phone text that said "Baby will be here in less than 1 hour". This statement sent me back almost 7 years ago and since then I feel like I have been reliving a nightmare but praying for a better outcome. My brothers wife's water broke and Carter arrived at 9:13pm weighing in at 1 lb 5 oz and measuring 11 inches long.
I made the drive to Murry on Tuesday morning to add my support to the family. I now know what it feels like to be on this side of things. It is really hard to sit and wait. I want to do so much but I know well enough that all I can do is pray. The hardest part was when I was able to visit baby Carter. It just took me back to that day my baby Jamieson was here with us. I recognized the machines and tubing inside the incubator. They are truly a miracle at this stage.
Carter has a hole in his heart that they are hoping to close with medication. He has some bruising on his head and on his joints and is getting blood transfusions. He means so much to me already. I text my brother many times a day trying to get updates and hoping I am not to much of a bother. So if everyone can keep this family in their prayers they will be very appreciated. I will try and keep you updated.
Carter is the youngest of 5 children he has 3 other brothers and 1 sister.

1 comment:

Woodstock Family said...

Such a sweet spirit! My prayers are definitely with this little one's family!