Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I am....

I am a mom. I smell of my choice of perfume or burnt dinner. My toe polish is half worn. Nails are uneven. Two of them are broken. I pretend to be glamorous by walking in high heels although they kill my feet. My hair is several months behind on seeing a salon. My diet (if you want to call it that) consists of Mt. Dew, daily medication and anything carb. I do laundry once a week because that is all I can handle and I always lose socks. The dishes are clean but still in the dishwasher, because I have not reminded my children to do their chores. My clothes are built for scrubbing floors on my knees, kids to wipe their noses on, stained from last weeks spaghetti dinner, and a bleach spot or two from using Comet on the kitchen sink. My exercise routine is ... well it use to be better. I'm skilled at book reports and last minute projects. I know how it feels to lose a child and to be told you can have no more. I know how to work the sprinkler system. I pull weeds and mow the lawn, when my kids can't. Don't mess with this girl when she knows what she wants. I love football and helping out with MC Youth Football. I love Young Women's after spending 16 years in Primary. I work in a Pharmacy so I don't overdose my kids with medication. I am in constant battle for the computer with the family. I have many great memories of the kids but forgotten them because I haven't written them down. I could change a tire on a bike AND car, but never have. I put air in the car tires. I don't sew real well, but can cross stitch. I can't cook, but can do what Better Crocker does in a box. I would love to have a garden but not the work. I am never late to church but always to work. I pray for my kids daily. I get choked up as I drop them off on their first day of school... even though one is in 8Th grade. My kids are not dressed to perfection. They've gone to bed dirty from playing in the ditch and sweating from riding bikes. I know all of the Sesame Street characters. I can speak a foreign language... taught by Dora. I am a chauffeur and drive hundreds of miles a week. I love being a mom. Wouldn't it trade it for anything in the world.

I borrowed this from Sarah and added my own. Now write yours and see what you are to your kids.

2 comments:

The Gillen's said...

That is great Utonya! I love it!

Susan said...

I loved it! I won't actually write one though as I am not a mom but I am a super great auntie (or so I'm told after I just forked over a big tin of cookies).