Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Tree and other Activities

Ok, so no I not a Scrooge or a Grinch but I don't like decorating for the holidays. I love it when it's all done but during the time it really stresses me out. It just seems like life is in a mess, with boxes everywhere and everyone running many different places. This could go back to my childhood when my mom did the tree by herself, the lights the ornaments, everything. So I now let everyone do it and of course it's not my way so it can be a bit tense at times. But it is a lot of fun looking at all the ornaments, remembering when we got them and how old the boys were when they received them.
I also get them a ornament each year at this time. This year I did have a huge awaking from Tanner about this subject though. We went to do some shopping and I told him to pick out an ornament. He looked and looked, if fact we looked at several stores and couldn't find one he liked. I asked him why he couldn't just pick one and he tells me. "Mom every year you put some thought into our ornament that represents us that year. It's just not the same." Oh I felt horrible and he was right. This year I just wanted to hurry through it and I thought nobody would notice but I was WRONG. So the next week I went shopping again and even had to order one but it is done and they were happy. What a tradition I have started with our little family, things that I thought didn't matter really did. Thanks Tanner for reminding me. He we are decorating the tree. Yes, Tanner owns shirts but he is to cool to wear them in the winter.

Tanner and his ESPN Ornament.

Tyler and his Santa watching TV ornament.


I got 3 turtles. Of course I picked mine out. Otherwise I wouldn't get one.

Wayne's was a Yellow 4-wheeler made of clay, so cute.

No comments: