Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Hero by Tyler




Wednesday this week, Tyler had to write a letter to his hero. He decided to write to his father. I thought he did a great job and I was very proud of him. There was a dinner of lasagna, salad and cookies and the kids in the class read the letter in front of everyone. Then the hero came up to the front and got their letter. It was very touching. This is what he wrote:

"My Hero
Have you ever met someone that can fix a mail jeep as fast as my dad can?
My dads name is Wayne Nielsen. He was born June 26,1971 in Provo, Utah. He married my mom, Utonya, November 11, 1994 in Clinton, Utah. He has black hair, hazel eye (like mine) and is 6 feet tall. He loves to tickle me and wrestle with me.
My dad always goes to work for my family. He watches me play flag football, goes to my soccer games, school activities and we watch movies together. He takes me camping, bowling, to play mini golf and my favorite to the demolition derby.
My dad is my hero cause he is my dad and I want to grow up and be just like him.
I want to thank my dad for all the things he does for me."

So sweet!

No comments: