Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Wellsville Mile






Tyler and his good friend Rodolfo.

Here is Tyler racing with the Mt. Crest track team.










Yeah, Tyler crossing the finish line. Way to go Ty.








Up here in Cache Valley the elementary schools do this Wellsville mile activity. It is for all 4Th and 5Th graders. They start running in school about February and time themselves for the mile. Each time they try to get better and better until May when all the schools at the south end of the valley, I think there are 8 of them, get together and race. It starts around 10 am and runs till noon-thirty. When it's hot it is a very long day. This is my third and final time of attending this event. Tanner did it the last two years and today was Tyler's last time. Lucky for us the clouds came out and it was nice and overcast.

Well, poor Tyler has been running his little heart out. His best time in school is 7:20. WAY better than I could ever dream. They put these kids in heats and Tyler was with all the fastest boys from all the schools. So I don't know what happened, if it was his nerves or what but he had a hard time. His final time was 9:45. Still WAY better than I could ever dream. He was pretty upset but I want you to know how very proud of him I am. He worked so hard and he and I both know what he is capable of doing. So way to go Tyler keep up the hard work and lets run the 5k next month for the Nibley days.

No comments: