Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Camping Vacation (4-Wheeling)

Our family vacation this year consisted of 10 days of camping at Hoop Lake and Currant Creek. I love to camp but 10 days seemed to be a little much for me. I was so ready to come home and sleep in my own bed and get some clean clothes on. We all had a blast though. We 4-wheeled and fished and most importantly ate real well. We went with Wayne's family the first week then ended up with his extended family at a reunion the last part. There was lots to do but sometimes you just wanted to sit and enjoy the fact that there was no phones, TVs or computers. It was nice a cool and quite. It was nice to all get together with family and enjoy one another company. This is my sister-in-law Shanna climbing a rock on her 4-wheeler.
My nieces Ariel and Brighton with Tanner-showing me how dirty it can git camping if you just let the kids play.

Tyler had a great time 4-wheeling. I couldn't help but think back to my childhood growing up on 4-wheelers. I was about his age when I learned to drive. It was fun teaching him and I think he love having all the control of the machine. Wayne would not let him drive his just the little 250 but Tyler was thrilled with that.
This seemed to be the only picture of me and of course I am dirty. We went on a long ride and I followed to close behind cause I ate too much dust.
Grandma Nielsen- Ready to Roll on her Ride
This is what Wayne was packing. A 357 he said it was for bears, we never saw any. I think it was for cows he seemed to be afraid of them the most.
This is my niece Brooklyn she is giving me the peace sign right before a trail ride.
My nephew Dominic on his little sisters 110cc. It is such a cute little bike.
Brighton and Ariel with their matching helmets on. They are great little riders. Always ready to go.
Wayne and Tanner on Wayne's new 4-wheeler he got for his birthday. He really loves this bike because it does not give him back aches like our 250cc. He never traded me bikes so my back hurt just a little. I didn't mind cause mine had gears and I like to shift going up and down hills.
Here is Tanner on the 110cc.
All the kids at camp posing on my bike. It's old but the same size I grew up on so it works for me. It is also perfect for the kids to ride.
This was a fun trip, I think the kids had so much fun hanging out together can't wait til next year when we can do it again. I just don't think it will be for 10 days though.

1 comment:

The King's said...

looks like you guys had a great time!! It's fun to get dirty once and a while!!!