Saturday, October 31, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

Last night we had the opportunity to have the Missionaries over for dinner. Since I am not the best cook, we had pulled pork sandwiches, salad, chips and pumpkin bread for desert.
So we thought it would be fun for Elder Scott and Elder Lunt to crave pumpkins with us since we have not gotten around to doing it yet. Elder Scott dug right in but Elder Lunt was a little nervous because this was his first time. I wish I would have taken a picture of his face when he had to put is hand in the pumpkin and scoop out the insides. He was grossed out totally! So funny. They couldn't stay to long so they didn't get around to carving but told me they would take them home and finish them. It was a good time for our family. We really enjoyed having them over.



So, I tried to get a good picture at night but it didn't take well. This is Tyler's, he made a helmet. It turned out so cool!

Mine was of course a Turtle, Wayne asked me what a turtle has to do with Halloween but I didn't care I thought it was cute.

Tanner made a Falcon Pumpkin, of course. He is so into football it's great. He made his own pattern and I thought he did a terrific job.




Every year I say "next year we do easy patterns" and every year they get harder. It is a lot of fun once we get around to doing it. But I am still glad we only do it once a year. My hands still are cramped up. HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL!

No comments: