Monday, October 26, 2009

He Must Have 9 Lives

http://www.hjnews.com/photography/2009/10/22/houseexplosion/

Thursday October 22, 2009 was a day we won't forget anytime soon. It started out like any other day. Everybody got off to work and school without any problems. I was at work when I called Wayne about 11am. He had asked me if I had heard about the explosion in College Ward. I told him the fire trucks and ambulances from the hospital nearby were very active a little bit ago but I hadn't heard about an explosion. He seemed a little shock and I asked him what had happened.

At 10:23am a home had blown up due to some leak in propane. My husband had just delivered their mail. He was shaken and said if he would have been just running a few minutes behind or had a extra package he could have been right there. In the pictures at the link you can see the roof landed in the street and all over the fields and in the trees.

Now this makes me realize that someone was watching out for him. It was a miracle that the people inside did not die. It makes me see that life is so precious and things can change in a blink of an eye. And now I know that you should not put off things you can do today and wait for tomorrow. Because you never know what can happen.

I am so grateful that Wayne was not there at that time. He was just around the block and the sonic boom scared him. I never considered his job to be a hazard. This is the second close call at work. The other was when the women fell asleep in her car and almost ran him over on Highway 89/91. It really does make you grateful for the time you have on this earth with loved one.

No comments: