Monday, January 12, 2009

Nobody Got Sick?

Ok, so anybody who know me know that I can't cook very well. Well that is an understatement. I don't like to cook. I don't enjoy it either. But Sunday I have no choice it has to be some kind of home cooked meal. Usually nothing frozen, like TV dinner or a pizza. My skills are pretty slim pickins. I have tried different recipes and some turned out OK but most do not. I am a stranger to spices so I try whatever and that is usually my mistake. I also don't enjoy cooking because I have picky eaters in my home. My husband and son Tanner will eat or try just about anything. My son Tyler is a whole different child. When I cook something he usually asks what is it? What is in it? I try and say stuff he likes like cheese or bread or chicken. But if it's not a chicken nugget I get the ewww or that's sick or I am not eating that. So it ends up being a fight. So imagine my surprise when I made dinner on Sunday and it was a new recipe and it had stuff that everyone like and everyone wanted seconds. I fell as if I have in some small way been DOMESTICATED. I am sure it's not even a real word but I fell like I have finally done something right that a women is suppose to do. Well my glory will be short lived cause tonight is pork chops and not everyone likes those especially the veggies. So I am giving out the recipe and want you all to try it and see what you think. Let me know if it works out for you.


Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
2 cups cooked cubed chicken


2 cups cooked cubed ham


2 cups instant rice


2 cups sour cream


2 cups grated cheddar cheese


2 cans cream of chicken soup


Croutons


1 tsp. onion Salt


1 cup milk


Mix everything but croutons and onion salt and put in a 9x13 baking dish. Crush croutons and sprinkle on top then sprinkle on the onion salt. Bake at 350 for about 45 min to 1 hr.


Don't cook covered it makes the casserole soggy.



No comments: