Monday, February 16, 2009

Baby Malakai

This was my favorite day of this week. It was Friday the 13 of February, two days after my new nephew was born. I got up early and drove 1 & 1/2 hours to SLC and visited with my brother, Ryan, his wife, Heather, and my new little nephew, Malakai. It was great weather. I arrived at 10:30am and did not leave until 7pm. I am sure I over stayed my welcome but it was so peaceful there. He is such a beautiful baby. He has a ton of hair and boy is it thick. He looks just like his dad but, he has long arms and legs like his mom.





Another reason I feel really special with this little guy is his special spirit. See my son Jamieson was born on a Friday the 13Th. And my brother and his wife named their precious little boy after my son. Malakai Jamieson Babinsky. I feel very honored that they would choose a name like that for their little one. This day was a good healing day for me. I felt very close to my son this day. When I left the hospital to go home I stopped at my favorite store Kohl's in Centerville. A mother with a young child was behind me in line. Her boy was staring at the tiles on the floor. His mother said "Jamieson, how many tiles are on the floor?" The little boy was no more than 4 and he thought about counting them. But I turned around and smiled. It seems like my little boy was with me that day.



This is proud dad and Malakai! Thanks for sharing the day with me. I will always cherish it.




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sylus was born on Friday the 13th too. Cute nephew! Glad you felt closer to Jamieson. It's a special feeling knowing he's around.

Amy said...

You just brought tears to my eyes. He does look just like Ryan, wow! That's awesome that they honored Jamieson that way. I want you to know that when it comes to dealing with stuff with Christine, I ALWAYS think of you as an example. You are awesome Utonya.