Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mr. Alleman

Today is a sad day in the Nielsen household. Last night on the news they talked about a teacher from Cache Valley, who joined the Army last year, was killed in Iraq this week. Well that was Tanner's favorite 5Th grade teacher Mr. Alleman. I tossed and turned all night trying to figure out how I was going to tell him about this. I didn't want him to go to school and find out from others. So I got up early and went in his room when he woke up. I told him who it was and he took it pretty hard. It was hard for me as a mother to deliver the news to him. He really looked up to this teacher and loved him too. Tanner has had to deal with death at such a early age and he takes it OK. I am so glad he understands the Lords plan for us and that he will see Mr. Alleman and his brother Jamieson again. I sent him to school but told him to call me if he needed me to come and get him. My heart is breaking. I don't like seeing him like this. I know he is strong but the mother in me just wants to make everything better. As for Mr. Alleman I am truly grateful for his service for my country. I enjoy my freedom and I owe it to all those who fight for it. I am grateful for the opportunity to live on this great land!

No comments: