Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentines Locker



Do you remember Valentines as a little kid? I sure do. We would have to bring a shoe box from home and then we would spend the day at school decorating it. Putting little pink and red hearts all over it that said "I love you" or "be mine". Well now that my children have grown this was the last year to do the valentines box. Of course the teacher had them make them at home so it fell on the moms. I knew that Tyler would not have the cute little hearts or puppy dogs or hey I would have settled for just a plain mailbox kind of like pretending he was his dad for the day. But no it had to be something not cute but way cool. So this is what I found.
We made a locker. Covered a box with silver paper used buttons for the lock and made a school flag with of course footballs. I thought it turned out pretty cute or should I say cool. But I least I have the memories of the last valentines day with Tyler. Next year in Middle school they do no such thing. So I am enjoying it one last time. They grow up way to fast.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!



No comments: