Monday, April 20, 2009

Mr. Allemans Race Day

On your Mark get set GO! This was a special race to raise money for the family who lost their husband and father 2 months back while fighting in Iraq. He was also Tanner's 5th grade teacher. Tyler ran the 1 mile and Tanner ran the 5K. I wanted to run with them but I was stuck in class all day for work. They did a real good job and I am very proud of them.
Here is Tyler running so fast the camera didn't keep up with him. "Run like the wind"

Tyler just passed the finish line at 8:06 way better than I ever could. Good job Tyler.


Here comes Tanner. Tanner has been fighting bronchitis for the past 2 weeks and I was not even sure he could do this race but he did. He said it was real hard around the half way point.




Here he is passing the finish line. You have to take 2 minutes off because they started this race 2 minutes after the mile. So he completed the 3.1 miles in 26:50, not bad since he was sick. I hope a lot of money was raised for this special family. Tyler won some Top of Utah marathon socks and Tanner won some historic books that he saw Mr. Alleman reading in class.

1 comment:

Woodstock Family said...

Isn't it wonderful to have your children involved in a good cause! Way to go Tyler & Tanner! I can tell this young teacher meant a lot to your family! Feel like I haven't seen ya forever, hope all is well with your family!