Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Night at the Museum

Moms can relate- You know when your child comes home from school and tells you he needs a huge project done by tomorrow? Well that happened to me this week. Tyler came home from school on Tuesday and told me he needed a costume, and big poster and a 30 second spill on Meriwether Lewis from Lewis and Clark done by Wednesday! So after I freaked out and did my little lecture on why you need to tell me this weeks ago and he tells me he did we get right to work. Of course my printer is out of colored ink and I have no poster board so off to town I go after he gets dropped off at scouts. By the time we get home it's 7pm. I loaded the ink in the printer and it is giving me problems-of course it is. After threatening to throw it out the window my husband takes over and gets it to at least print here and there. We finish the poster about 8:30. The costume is what we have left over from a Thomas Jefferson from 2 years back. It will have to do I tell him. I copy a 30 second spill off the Internet and tell him to start memorizing it.

Then what do- I send my child to school with a plastic GUN. Am I out of my mind-Don't answer. I did wrap it in a garbage sack cause in the back of my mind I could see him swinging it around and some mom driving by and getting the wrong idea. Well the school has a no gun policy. Imagine that. If I was not given a project the night before I could have thought that through. But I am the mom that was not thinking.
So tonight we all went to the school saw all the 5th graders and their costumes, posters and 30 seconds spills. Now I just want to rest. School is only in for 1 1/2 more months. I think I can make it.

Meriwether Lewis


George Washington- In my Ward Primary

Craig- In my Ward Primary and Tyler's friend Boston Massacre



Alexander Bell- Sid. I work with his Dad




No comments: