Tuesday, June 23, 2009

5K Who Calls IT A FUN RUN???

On June 20, 2009 my family did a 5k fun run. It was for Nibley Heritage days. It started at 7:45am which made the weather cool and easy to run it. There was a huge crowd and we were all just trying to do our best. My brother Ryan walked away with a 3rd place ribbon in his age class and a gift card to Peterson's country store. My brother Weston won a gift card to Papa Murphy's take and bake pizza. Everyone else was just happy to be there. Tanner came in 1st of the family at 24 minutes.
Weston came in second with 25 minutes!
Not very far behind Weston was Ryan at 25 minutes


Heather did awesome. She told me she has only ran twice since her baby was born and she came it at 32 minutes!



Tyler did great as always at 36 minutes.




Christian and Alex came in at the same time but the camera didn't take both pictures. They came in at 39 minutes!
I came in at 40 minutes.
Mikey came in at 49 minutes!
Katie started off really fast and got burned out. She finished with her dad at 49 minutes.
We love our soldiers who shot of the cannon to announce the start of the race.
Here are the crazy boys. Tyler still has not washed his face since the children's play the night before.
This is Tanner and his good buddies Jaxon and Tyger. They are great kids.
Raiyah and I posing for the camera after the race. She has her numbers on and is ready to go race again.

This is all of us after the race. It was a lot of fun to do it together. When you come across the finish line and everybody is cheering for you it feels wonderful! Thanks to everyone who came.

2 comments:

Woodstock Family said...

Utonya, what a wonderful and very inspiring mom you are! It's been a while since I've caught up on your blog, but I enjoyed every one of your posts! I'm so grateful for blogs, because event though people come and go from our lives, we can still keep in touch through blogging! Way to go on the 5k! I'v started running at the track right by our apartment and my goal is to be able to run a 5k by next summer! I don't know if I'll compete, (not really my thing), but I'd like to be able to run it! You're looking great! Keep it up!

Alana Lange said...

Way to go girl! Looks like a great family fun activity. Maybe I'll see you next year...:)