Saturday, February 6, 2010

You Might Be a Redneck.....

So I think I know what to get my husband for his birthday or Father's day. It's a composting barrel. What and why do you ask. Let me explain.
We have no back yard yet. (we are getting one this year) My husband hates when I throw out food or produce that has gone bad. He says we need to return it to the earth so we can have good soil. Now I can agree with this. My dad had a barrel when I was younger and he put everything in it and turned it every so often. After a while you put the soil in your flower beds or gardens and it is great fertilizer.
Well we don't have a barrel yet so my husband just throws it out in the back yard. I get a little mad cause I am thinking "yes we live next to a huge field but lets invite the mice over for a party." He calmly tells me it's for good dirt. Whatever he is so funny.

So you might be a redneck if you throw your food out the back door so you can have healthy soil. I can't wait for grass!!!!

No comments: